Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Highlights of 2013


2013 was a good year for so many reasons, but here's a few highlights of the past year... (not in any sort of order, just a smorgasbord of the year it was!)

1 // We welcomed Blossom, our gorgeous ragdoll cat into our family after a spontaneous decision at the markets whilst on holiday at Bremer Bay. I am so happy we bought her though because she is simply the best addition to our family! Blossom an adorable cross eyed cat who loves to sit on top of the tadpole/frog tank and dip her tail in the water, sleep in the sink and wait at the bidet for someone to turn on the tap so that she can have a drink!

2 // We went back to Bremer Bay for Easter. Every year we head down there during January, but it was our first time for Easter and it was the best! Not all of the family got down, but we had a great few days 4WDing and fishing and swimming and going to markets and the like.

3 // I made the decision to go Manea Senior College next year (and got accepted!) This was a really hard decision for me to make and I spent a long time weighing out the good and bad things. Once I made the decision about mid-July though, I was so happy! I am really looking forward to it, especially since I will also be completing a Cert III in Design Fundamentals whilst I'm there.


4 // My trip to Taipei! It was my first time travelling alone (let alone overseas!) but it was a great adventure and enjoyed my two weeks in Taipei very much.  Some of the highlights included going to the top of Taipei 101 and eating chicken hearts and large intestine soup!

5 // I spent most of the year planning the WPIPS Camp 2013 and in October, along with a group of friends we finally head off to Busselton for four fun days. We did so much together and made some fantastic memories. Those days were definitely a few of my favourite from 2013!

6 // From July to the end of November, I volunteered afternoons per week at the After School Care at Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School. I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with the sweetest children.

7 // In January, I was fortunate enough to receive the Shire of West Arthur Young Citizen of the Year Award. It was such a  surprise but a lovely way to remember all the great things I did in 2012! I go into the Shire these days and find it funny (but cool) to see my name up on the big board of award recipients.

8 // I got a job! At the start of this month, I was employed at the Shire of West Arthur as a Project Officer. I am focusing on compiling information of the Darkan-Dardadine Railway for signs that will be sued along the rail trail being established along there. Other tasks include answering the phone, shredding, photocopying and filing.

9 // I had a boarding unit filled with amazing, supportive girls which helped make 2013 great! Living away from home is hard, so to have a bunch of great girls there was really nice. I made some good friends, had lots of good times and will miss it next year!

10 // In May, the flooring was finally laid in Wattle Cottage. It is a light wood-like linoleum, which I love! We had been waiting forever, so it was great to be finally done so that now we can decorate etc. It is probably the only big thing that happened over at Wattle Cottage this year so it is very significant!

11 // We had Christmas at the farm! It is the first time we have hosted any Christmas at home since 2004, and especially great since both Mum and Dad's side of the family were there together. Not every could come, but we had a nice crowd and enjoyed each others company, spending most of the time in the patio since the weather was just great!

12 // At the start of December, I did a week of work experience at Childside School in Boyanup. I had the best four days and never wanted to leave! The school is a community school that draws on Steiner and Reggio Emilia approaches and the like. It was so different to anything I had ever experienced or school I have ever been to. Everyone was so nice and I felt like part of a big family!


13 // The 11/12/13 marked Taylor Swift's Perth concert, which I was lucky enough to have tickets to along with both my sisters! It was an absolutely the best night, and reviews in the newspaper say that people who went to the concert will be disappointed with other concerts since Taylor's was so great! It was the first concert I have been to and I have to say I was very impressed.

14 // In November, through my Media studies at BCGS, along with a group of other enthusiastic movie makers, I was able to work as the director on a ABC Open production featuring Deb "Spoons" Perry from Bridgetown. The small group of 6 (plus 2) did everything from the planning down to the editing which is being completed as we speak.

2013 was great. But I have a feeling that 2014 will be even better... bring on the new year!

Wishing you all the best for 2014 x

P.S. Great way to end the year, with my 100th post on this little blog! Thanks so much to everyone for your continued support and comments, I love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...