Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Resolutions

2014 is going to be great. I just know it! Here's what I hope to do this year...

Grow my blog // Last year I didn't have the resources and things to really grow my blog, which I'm sad about because I think in some ways it took a backwards step. I really want to change that this year. I know it's easy to say when I'm on holidays but I hope it will be easier because I'll be living in Busselton (instead of boarding). I have lots of ideas for studio spaces and the like to make my dreams become a reality!

Embrace opportunities // I'm doing lots of new things this year, so I'm sure there will be plenty of new opportunities! I really want to be the best I can be and not be afraid to say yes.

Exercise more // I hate exercise. But I really want to change that! I might never love exercise (okay, I know I will never love exercise), but I can still try! I have this idea in my head that lying next to the beach this year will mean I can go for lots of nice long walks and runs. First things first, I plan on getting an iPhone armband and an app to record my moving!

Sew more // Again, this was something I couldn't do last year but hope to do more of in 2014. I really want to sew myself a piece of clothing or two and more than anything, a quilt. I simply love quilts and would love to have a go!

Improve my photography // Already, I know my photography has been improving but truthfully I hardly know how to use my camera! I want to learn more functions of my camera to be able to get better images, which of course... translates to better images on the blog! I love nothing more than blogs with nice big bright photos :)

Eat healthy // Originally this was going to be "eat nothing from a packet". That was a bit unrealistic though (and I've already broken it!) but I really want my diet to be great this year. I know that already my diet isn't that bad, but it could definitely improve! I'm talking lots of fruit and veggies and homemade foods. I will have to pack lunches again (first time since I was 11!!) so will be looking at some healthy, easy options.

Be nicer // I really want to be a nicer person. Not saying that I'm mean, but I know that I can get really angry with the people closest to me for no real reason. So this year I really want to be nicer. I always want to have a smile on my face and be someone people love to be around! I want to make other people smile and feel special so hope to send more random snail mail letters and awesome birthday (or just because) gifts and notes.

Explore more of WA // I love this gorgeous state of mine and hope to see more places I've never been. A weekend or two per year we like to do places we've never been before (Yealering in 2012, Dalwallinu in 2013) and this year I'd love to go to Esperance and up further than Dalwallinu to Meekatharra and the like.

Make the most of things // We only live once so I just want to make the most of every day and every opportunity!

Do more design work // I love designing things and have designed many posters and invites for community and personal events (all just because I love it!) This year, I will be starting Cert III in Design Fundamentals so I really want to consider doing some design work for other people. (Contact me if you're interested!!)

I know it's a lot to commit to, but since it's now on the web, I really hope I can make all these resolutions come true.

What are your resolutions for 2014?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we can both work on a quilt? Especially if I have to go down to Busselton sometimes and you have a workspace set up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to have another look at this four months later! Are you exercising more?? I wish I could follow your fitbits and see, and then you could encourage me too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...